MUMBAI, 15 March 2022: To capitalize on pent-up travel demand after the third pandemic wave in India, Thomas Cook (India) and its group company, SOTC Travel, have organized India’s first physical consumer roadshows – in 30 Indian cities.
The holiday rounds were run during weekends in viable catchment areas of Indian metros, mini metros like Pune and Tier II markets including Jaipur, Chandigarh, Hubli, Bhubaneswar, Patna, Indore, Bhopal, Mangaluru, Coimbatore, Kochi, Vijayawada, Surat and Barode.
Following positive announcements on easing restrictions, reopening borders, accepting vaccines and reducing infection rates, internal data from both companies reveals strong pent-up travel demand from Indian consumers. With the upcoming long weekends and spring and summer school holidays, more than 85% of its customers have expressed a strong interest in planning their holidays.
To support customers, Thomas Cook and SOTC holiday roadshows in over 30 Indian cities. Weekends have been chosen to provide families with the opportunity to roam freely and plan their vacations with the companies’ experts present on site to guide/help with travel and health and safety issues. The companies’ product range includes Indian and international favorites and a diversity of options for consumer segments such as multi-generational families, millennials/young professionals and couples/newlyweds. In addition to special group tours (accompanied by an experienced tour manager), the vacation portfolio includes customized tours for a group of friends/extended family, individual/solo trips and personalized options specially tailored to preferences. unique to the customer.
• Buy one, get one – free companion for selected Indian and International holidays.
• Advance booking offer on certain tours.
• Vacation now, pay on return delivery.
• Risk-free vacations (zero cancellation fees, easy and free rescheduling, safety program in association with Apollo Clinics, comprehensive travel insurance, on-site teams and expert tour managers).
Range of holiday options
• National favourites: Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Kerala, Andamans, Goa, Rajasthan, Leh-Ladakh, the North East and domestic cruises.
• International: Dubai, Abu-Dhabi, Maldives, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, UK, USA (for customers with visa), Egypt, Mauritius, Australia, Thailand, Singapore, Turkey, Sri Lanka and Nepal.
• Outdoor adventure activities like biking, trekking, hiking, wildlife/safaris, and more.
• Wellness/spiritual programs.
• Gourmet group/tailor-made stays.
Thomas Cook (India) Chairman and Country Head – Holidays, MICE, Visa Rajeev Kale said, “With customer confidence in travel at an all time high, we are seeing a significant increase in demand. In addition to our omnichannel network offering customers the ability to select their preferred mode of contacting us, our multi-city vacation tour aims for personalized service at the customer’s doorstep. Our holiday experts at each location will help, reassure and guide clients in planning their weekends away, celebrations/special occasions and long-awaited spring/summer school holidays.
SOTC Travel Chairman and Country Director, Daniel D’souza, added: “Indian customers have always preferred human interactions, even more so given the complexity of travel in the Covid era. And so, to help our clients plan and co-arrange their dream vacation, our multi-city vacation tours have been conveniently organized on weekdays, providing personalized service from our vacation experts.